There is steady demand for air-conditioning and refrigeration personnel in commercial, industrial and institutional settings.
This 3-day certificate course provides a broad introduction to air-conditioning and refrigeration systems including everyday operation and important safety practices. By the end of the course, the participants will get to know the common practices for general operation and maintenance of AC & Refrigeration systems and how to keep them to run efficiently and consistently.
24 hours (incl. of 2 hours assessment)
- Understand the principles of air-conditioning and types of air-conditioning systems
- To learn basic design considerations and concepts of indoor environmental comforts
- Acquire knowledge of solving condensation problems and sizing thermal insulation
- Learn on basic mechanical refrigeration systems, system components and refrigerants used
- Learn about maintenance schedules, servicing, system diagnostics, trouble shooting and tune up to gain maximum efficiency
Mode of Assessment
ESS Workplace literacy and numeracy Level 3 and above